“Split-Tender” payments will soon be accepted with MobiWIC!
You will soon be able to accept more than one form of payment when a participant has insufficient benefits to complete a purchase for fruits/vegetables. MobiWIC will soon allow an alternate form of payment to cover the remaining difference for Cash Value Benefit (CVB) items.
Here is how it will work:
- During a WIC transaction, if MobiWIC determines that a customer has insufficient benefits to cover a fruit/vegetable transaction, the cashier will be prompted with a message:
- CANCEL (F3): Alternate form of payment (Split-Tender) is declined. The item may now be voided from transaction
- b. OK (ENT): Item will be added to the transaction. You may also continuing adding other items to the transaction.
- Subtotal and confirm the transaction as usual. You will be prompted to confirm that another form of payment has been received before the transaction is made final
- CANCEL (F3): Alternate form of payment (Split-Tender) declined. Returned to the transaction screen where the item may be voided
- OK (ENT): Split-Tender is confirmed, card is decremented for remaining CVB balance. Transaction is completed as usual