This solution will explain in detail how to connect and enable your MobiWIC Wi-Fi-enabled device. You may or may not see the following error message on your MobiWIC terminal: "The remote name could not be resolved."
A MobiWIC Internet connection using Wi-Fi requires access to a wireless network.
Connect, or re-connect to your Wireless Network:
- Double-click on the WLAN Power Control indicator in your system tray on the bottom of your screen.
- In the WLAN_PwrControl window, click the "On" button and then OK at the top. This will turn on your MobiWIC Wi-Fi.
- If you have previously connected to this WiFi network, you will not need to re-enter a password. Allow a few seconds and your MobWIC device will find the previously saved password and you will be automatically reconnected (clear computer icons in the system tray signifies a successful WiFi connection
- If you are connecting for the first time, continue to STEP 5.
- Following activation of the WLAN option, double-click the network icon in the System Tray. This icon will have a red 'X". Click on the "Wireless Info" tab. You will see a list of available wireless networks. Select the wireless network you wish to connect to from the list of available networks. Select "Connect" on the bottom left.
- In almost all cases, the existing default values are correct. Enter the appropriate wireless network password in the “Network key” field. If your network is unsecured (no password), you may leave this field blank. Click "OK" on the top of the window.
- You are now connected to a wireless network. You will notice that your selected network now has a circle on the antenna icon signifying it is active. The “Status” and “Signal Strength” fields now specify a connection status, as well as the respective signal strength of the connection. If you are not connected to a network, you may select the network name from the list and click "Connect" on the bottom left to connect.
- You may also verify an active network connection by navigating to an external website using the Internet Explorer browser on your MobiWIC device Desktop, or by viewing the icon in the System Tray.
Setting up a Static IP Address for the Connection
In most cases an IP Address is automatically assigned to the MobiWIC terminal while connecting. In some environments a specific IP Address has to be manually added before MobiWIC can make a connection.
Here's how to setup an IP Address to your connection:
- Choose "Start" - "Settings" and then select the "Network Connections" option.
- Double-click your wireless network adapter. Select the "IP Address" tab and click on "Specify an IP Address". Configure the network parameters according to the network you are connecting to (IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway) and press "OK".